We focus exclusively On law
CHOOSING THE PROPER ATTORNEY IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT DECISION THAT YOU COULD BE MAKING IN YOUR LIFE.
Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997.
He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/Pasco Counties) where he worked his way through the ranks handling misdemeanor cases at first and eventually prosecuting the most severe Felonies.
After a brief stint working for Nationwide Insurance as in-house counsel, Mike joined a small firm and started building his criminal defense practice.
In 2002, he founded Michael G. Butash, P.A. where he practiced for 11 years.
During his tenure as a Criminal Defense Attorney, Mike has defended thousands of individuals ranging from 1st Degree Murder, DUI Manslaughter, Sexual Battery, Drug Trafficking and Drug Possession to Misdemeanor Simple Battery, Domestic Battery, DUI, and Petit Theft cases.
With over 20 years practicing law, Mike has the experience and dedication needed to handle your case.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S degree in Criminology with Honors
- Florida State University
- J.D. degree
- Stetson University College of Law
- Member of the Florida Bar since 1997
- Licensed to Practice in State & Federal Court
- Former State Prosecutor for Pinellas/Pasco County
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students
- Lead Counsel in over 40 jury trials
- Primary Counsel in thousands of Criminal cases
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys DUI Trial Advocacy School
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys DUI/Vehicular
- Manslaughter Trial Advocacy School
- Former Lead Domestic Violence Attorney for West Pasco County