Close X

What if I need child support while the divorce is still in process in Florida?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

What if I need child support while the divorce is still in process in Florida?

In Florida, there is a form of relief called a motion for temporary relief, where we're asking the court to provide some kind of help to the client while the divorce is ongoing. Several things we can ask for are child support, alimony, equitable distribution, time sharing, exclusive use of the marital home, just to name a few. The way it works, is assuming a court grants that temporary relief, it will go throughout the divorce process and then that order will terminate when the judge enters the final judgment in the case.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601