Close X

My former partner and I both want the children. How can a lawyer help us in a LGBT divorce?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

My former partner and I both want the children. How can a lawyer help us in a LGBT divorce?

Whenever you have a case where both of the parties want the children, you run into a situation where you really have to have an attorney, because if both parties want the children, it's going to be a contested situation, and a court is very likely going to be forced to decide rather than the parties resolving it and deciding amongst themselves. It's important that you get a lawyer, because a lawyer who understands Florida law will be able to articulate the best possible arguments to the court on your behalf as to why it's in the best interest of the children that they spend the majority of the time with you.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601