Close X

How can I get my spouse, who has exhibited violence, removed from the home?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

How can I get my spouse, who has exhibited violence, removed from the home?

There are a few ways to get a violent spouse removed from the home. Firstly, you can call the police while the violence is happening and if they're arrested, a condition of their release from jail would almost always in the state of Florida be a no contact order with the victim who would be you. Therefore the party could not return home. Another way to do it is to file for a domestic violence injunction which does not require the police to be involved. You file a document with the court. It's a civil remedy and if you are able to get it granted, then the person will be prevented from being within 500 feet of your home, 50 feet of your car. Having any contact at all with you and a violation of that injunction would constitute a crime.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601