Close X

I was abused. What can I do?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

I was abused. What can I do?

If you are abused, the first thing we recommend you do is call the police. Have a police report taken, and, if necessary, the police will arrest the person, and the state attorney's office can charge them with a crime. Otherwise what you can do is you can file for a domestic violence injunction which is a civil remedy which protects you from that party by preventing them from being within 500 feet of your home, business, or school, from being within 50 feet of your car, or from having any communication with you whatsoever through telephone, text, writing, e-mail, or anything like that.

Knowing what to do is the beginning of solving any situation. Call us and ask us anything.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601