How much is my personal injury case worth?
Damages you can recover in a personal injury case are dependent on a few basic factors.
Duty, breach, causation, damages. Lawyers learn to memorize these words when it comes to prosecuting a negligence claim. And all personal injury cases are a form or negligence claim. In short this means that the offending party had a certain duty of care, such as not running a red light, or keeping their property safe or any number of usual responsibilities. The party breached said duty or did something wrong or failed to act appropriately. The described breach is what caused the accident or incident and you suffered injury of damages as a result of these actions.
Examples of recoverable damages in a personal injury case are:
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Care/medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages or income
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
- Wrongful Death
- Scarring or Disfigurement
- Funeral Expenses
- Quality of Life loss
- Specific monetary and property damage that you suffered.
In order to maximize your recovery the personal injury client should always do the following:
- Contact the injury attorneys at Butash Law Group.
- Take pictures and otherwise document the accident scene
- Get the name, contact information and insurance information of the offending party
- Get names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Gather your insurance information and any other relevant documents and start your own file to track your case progress, including the information mentioned here.
- Seek medical treatment. Remember sometimes injuries may not appear for a few days and at that point it may be too late for your personal injury case.
Our personal injury attorneys are experts in building and pursuing your personal injury claims to ensure you receive maximum compensation for the damages you suffered. Call our office today to receive your free no-obligation consultation.