Close X

I have been served with an order of protection. How do I defend myself?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

I have been served with an order of protection. How do I defend myself?

If you've been served with an order of protection otherwise known as a domestic violence injunction or some other form of injunction in the state of Florida, you need to protect yourself. The first thing that you should do is contact an attorney, because there is going to be a hearing that is imminent within a week or two. At that hearing, it's like a trial. You have to put on your case-in-chief in front of the judge, the petitioner will put on their case-in-chief and a judge will determine whether or not to make that injunction permanent. It's important that you get an attorney involved immediately so they can be best prepared to defend you at that hearing.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601