Close X

Relocation with Minor Children

Florida law clearly states that it is important for children to have the opportunity to develop a meaningful relationship with both parents.  To that end, one parent may not unilaterally relocate with the parties' minor children without first complying with Florida Statute §61.13001, Florida's relocation statute.  Specifically, a parent seeking to move more than 50 miles away must first obtain either the written permission of the other parent, or a court order allowing the relocation.  If a party relocates with the minor child(ren) without first complying with the aforementioned statutory requirements, then the court can, among other things, hold the party in contempt, force the return of the minor child(ren), and modify the court ordered time-sharing schedule to award more time to the party who is not in violation of the relocation statute.

We at Butash Law Group are experienced in representing parents who are seeking to relocate as well as those who oppose the other parent's relocation with the child(ren).  We are able to provide to consult with you to determine your best strategy for obtaining your desired outcome. The sooner we get involved in your relocation matter the more help we can be, so call us today.

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601