Close X

Can my ex-spouse visit our children if I have a restraining order against him?

Posted by Michael G. Butash | Aug 11, 2017 | 0 Comments

Can my ex-spouse visit our children if I have a restraining order against him?

Yes, there are ways that your ex-spouse can visit the children if you have a restraining order against him. There are several ways. For example, you could have the court enter provisions into the injunction that allows contact between you and the ex-spouse only for the purpose of visitation or child exchange. Other ways to do it are you can have a person other than you, such as a grandparent or babysitter, transport the children to the exchange so that the ex-spouse can have time with the children. As long as the children are not protected by the restraining order.

About the Author

Michael G. Butash

Michael G. Butash Stetson University College of Law Florida State University Former State Prosecutor Mike grew up in the Tampa Bay area and graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 1997. He was immediately hired as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit (Pinellas/...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

“Choosing The Proper Attorney Is The Single Most Important Decision That You Could Be Making In Your Life.”

Have any questions?

Click the button below to view our “Publications and Opinions” page, where we might have the information & advice you are looking for!

Click Here To View Publications and Opinions

Think You Have A Case?

Connect With Us Today!

There Is No Commitment; And We Will Quickly Inform You Of How We Can Help.


Cash App CashTag- $ButashLaw

Venmo - @ButashLaw

Butash Law Group
23554 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33559
(813) 341-2232
Brooksville Location - By Appointment Only
306 S Broad St , #2520
Brooksville, FL 34601